City of Southfield Healthcare Technology Center
The Southfield, Michigan Downtown Development Authority oversees economic development in an area with more than 700 businesses and service organizations. Why locate your healthcare organization in Southfield?
Corporate Growth – Southfield’s 48034 zip code is one of America’s top 101 zip codes for corporate employment – companies with 100 or more employees.
Healthcare Workers – 14% of residential women are employed in the healthcare industry.
Healthcare Institutions – The City of Southfield Healthcare Technology Center is growing rapidly, with nationally ranked world class healthcare facilities.
Healthcare Education – Southfield’s massive community college continues to expand, primarily in nursing and allied healthcare fields.
Anderson Economic Group, LLC has prepared a healthcare industry market study exclusively for the Southfield Downtown Development Authority. Phase one of the study describes the city’s demographics and presents comparables in a 30-mile and 60-mile radius. Click here to read the market snapshot.
Phase two of the study revealed key findings on how the City of Southfield is well-positioned to attract healthcare businesses and entities.
The 365-bed Providence Hospital is part of the largest health system in southeast Michigan — St. John Providence Health System. The hospital is Southfield’s largest employer.
- Employs 3,400 staff and 1,500 physicians
- Specialty areas include Behavioral Medicine, Cardiovascular Services, and Oncology
- Named a Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospital each year since 2001
Oakland Community College (OCC) is Michigan’s largest community college. Its Southfield campus offers a robust, expanding health and nursing program.
- Underwent a $25 million, 70,000 square-foot healthcare education expansion and renovation
- Student enrollment up 114% over the last decade, primarily in the Allied Health program
- New state-of-the-art surgical technology program lecture lab, replicating an operating room
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit Medical Center’s Sinai-Grace Hospital, and Southfield-based physicians group Nephron Associates launched a $4 million, state-of-the-art dialysis center managed by Greenfield Health Systems.
- The 10,000-square-foot Northland Park Dialysis Center is on nearly four acres
- Contains 30 hemodialysis stations and 4 home dialysis training suites
- Employs a staff of 35-40 physicians, nurses, technicians, dietitians and social workers
CSL Plasma is a subsidiary of CSL Behring, a global leader in plasma protein biotherapeutics, which helps treat a variety of diseases and medical conditions.
- Recently opened a state-of-the-art, 21,000-square-foot plasma collection center
- Contributes millions of dollars to the local economy annually
- Plasma collection process is internationally, federally and locally regulated.
For more information on becoming part of the City of Southfield Healthcare Technology Center, contact:
City of Southfield Downtown Development Authority
Tel: (248) 796-5192
Fax: (248) 796-5195